Study in Isreal
Deadline: 1st June, 2018
The Haifa Center for German and European Studies (HCGES) at the University of Haifa invites application for two PhD fellowships starting from October 2018 for three years. This search is open on all sub-fields of contemporary European and German Studies (e.g. humanities, social science, law, education etc.). Candidates who are willing to conduct a Joint PhD program together with another university in the DAAD network or in Germany are preferred.
- Outstanding Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political Science, International Relations, History, Cultural Studies, Law, Economics, Urban Studies, Geography, Sociology, Public Policy or any other field related to German and European Studies. Candidates with a focus on the HCGES current theme of “Religion and Politics” might be preferred Interesting planning, designing and implementing of applied research
- High proficiency in oral and written English, German skills of advantage. By completing the PhD, a B1 level of German is mandatory. The HCGES offers German language courses accordingly.
- High individual commitment to research
- Communicability, openness and willingness for integration into the HCGES team work
- Outstanding international and multidisciplinary research environment
- Participation in all doctoral courses
- Qualified supervision and support in the preparation of a PhD thesis
- A Scholarship of 3.000 NIS per month for the first year and 4.000 NIS for the second
and third years.
- Participation in advanced training programs and DAAD network activities
How to apply
Applications should include the following documents (each in a separate file) in English and be sent to the administrative coordinator of the HCGES, Amir Bar-On, email@example.com
- Letter of Motivation (up to 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Outline (up to 3 pages including a research question, hypothesis and short
- Electronic copies of all relevant transcripts and certificates of bachelor and master
degrees or equivalent courses
- Names and contact information of two academic referees