The Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
MIS Scholarships cover only Degree, Masters and PhD programmes.
What is the eligiblity criteria for MIS application?
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:
- Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of third class (Honours) or a CGPA of 2.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Master’s Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required
What is covered under the MIS?
Each scholarship consists of:
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance (will be paid at the beginning of research (after proposal defense) and the balance will be paid only upon submission of the thesis) – For PhD only
- A conference travel grant and journal publication grant (PhD only)
HOW TO APPLY
Fill the below Application websites and follow the instructions to have your application submitted for the MIS Scholarship to the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia.