Applications are invited for Master Innholders Scholarships available to provide additional professional development opportunities for middle managers in the hospitality industry. The Master Innholders Scholarships offer the opportunity to attend first-class universities providing hospitality and business qualifications and applications are now open for the 2019 intake.
The Master Innholder Scholarships have been designed to help hospitality management access further training opportunities. The scholarships are designed for both general managers and heads of department who demonstrate clear management potential.
- Applications Deadline: August 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study the following courses:
Lausanne Executive Education Programme
Cranfield Talent Development Programme
The General Managers Programme at Cornell University
The Professional Development Programme at Cornell University.
- Study Subject: This scholarship is available to provide additional professional development opportunities for middle managers in the hospitality industry.
- Scholarship Award: The entire cost of tuition, board and lodging is included as well as a contribution towards travel for the overseas programmes. Worth £10,000 each, the Master Innholders Scholarships are funded by the Worshipful Company of Innholders, the Savoy Educational Trust, the Lord Forte Foundation and the Master Innholders Charitable Trust.
- Nationality: Available to students of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland , UK and USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available to students of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Master Innholder Scholarships have been designed to help hospitality management access further training opportunities. The scholarships are designed for both general managers and heads of department who demonstrate clear management potential. Applications are welcomed from anyone, regardless of where they work within the hotel sector; however, priority will be given to those candidates who can demonstrate the greatest need of financial support. In this context, we recognise that small, independent businesses frequently lack the resources to train their management.
Group study and interaction with fellow students is central to each course and the assessors will test whether you have the necessary communication and interpersonal skills by reviewing your written and verbal reasoning competency and awareness of topical issues both within and beyond the hospitality industry.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please submit to Gillian Croxford: Gillian-at-innholders.co.uk. The application process consists of a 1,000-word essay on an industry topic and a background on the candidate’s career to date. Successful applicants will be invited to an interview at Innholder’s Hall before the final selection is awarded. Priority is given to those who are in the greatest need of financial support, recognising that small, independent businesses can lack the resources required to offer comprehensive training opportunities.