Study in any accredited University/College in the world
Deadline: 4th May 2018
OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2018/2019.
OFID scholarships will be awarded to candidates for master’s degree studies. Applicants must be from a developing country (except OFID Member Countries), and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies. The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a scholarship spread over a maximum of two years, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year 2018/2019.
- You must be between 23 and 32 years of age when you submit your application.
- Must have obtained or are about to complete their bachelor’s degree with a baccalaureate from an accredited university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher in a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must enroll at an accredited university for the next academic year beginning August / September 2018, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s.
- You must be a citizen of a developing country, check the list of eligible countries on the official website. Please note that the nationals of the OFID member countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are not eligible to apply.
- You must select a topic of study related to OFID’s main mission, such as: development economics (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification) or other related fields of science and technology.
How to apply
Visit the scholarship link below to access the online application portal and get detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.