Study in Norway
Deadline: 5th April, 2018
The University of Agder invites applications for one full-time, fixed-term appointment as PhD Research Fellow in Public Administration for a period of three years, alternatively four years with 25% of the time assigned to tasks at the Faculty’s discretion, at the Department of Political Science and Management, Faculty of Social Sciences. The position is located in Kristiansand, Norway.
The position is financed by the university and defined as a cooperation between the university and Kristiansand municipality. The main topic of the research should be devoted to processes and outcomes of collaboration between universities and municipalities related to primary and lower secondary school (1st to 10th grade). Empirical research should partly be done on the municipality of Kristiansand. The research fellow will be associated both with the University of Agder and Kristiansand municipality.
The position is remunerated within the State salary scale, salary plan 17.515, code 1017, NOK 436.900 gross per year. A 2% compulsory pension contribution will be deducted and paid to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund according to current statutory provisions.
The following documentation must be uploaded as an attachment with the online application:
- Diplomas and references*
- List of academic publications
- Master’s thesis
- Other academic publications
- Project description (no more than 10 pages)
*Original documents of the certificates/diplomas and transcripts of records or authenticated copies of the original documents with stamp, date, and readable signature from a public office (e.g. university, college, or police) must be presented before appointment.
- Applicants with prior knowledge of primary and lower secondary school, either through practice or previous research (master’s thesis) will be prioritized.
- The applicant must have good skills in English and preferably in one of the Scandinavian languages
- Applicants must submit a project description of no more than 10 pages including the bibliography. The project description should include a presentation of possible research questions/hypotheses, theoretical framework and a progress plan for the proposed doctoral project. An essential part of the assessment of applicants is the quality of the project description.
How to apply
Applicants must submit their application and CV online. Please use the link “Apply”.