Study in Canada
Deadline: 28th September, 2018
The University of Alberta, a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is offering approximately 10-15 Medical Sciences Graduate Program Scholarships valued at $6,500 each. Scholarships are available as a contribution to the stipend of students registered full time in a thesis based MSc or PhD in Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSGP) in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
Approximately 10-15 Medical Sciences Graduate Program Scholarships valued at $6,500 each are available as a contribution to the stipend of students registered full time in a thesis based MSc or PhD in Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSGP) in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- Student must be currently registered or accepted to start as of January 2019 as a full-time thesis based graduate student in the Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSc or PhD) in one of the following departments in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry:
- Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine & Pathology
- Medical Genetics
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- Radiology & Diagnostic Imaging
- The student may not concurrently hold any major awards ($13,000 or greater), or any other stipend award from the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (e.g. 75th Anniversary Award, FoMD/AHS Student Recruitment Studentships, Motyl Graduate Studentship).
- Student may be eligible to hold this award more than once.
- Award will be withdrawn if the student completes his/her program or ceases to maintain full-time registration.
How to apply
An application should include:
- A completed current application form with original signatures. Please do not use previous applications as forms are updated on a regular basis.
- The student’s up-to-date transcripts in letter size unofficial and copies of original are acceptable as long as they are copied to letter size 8 1/2 x 11).
- All non UofA transcripts must include a Weighted Average Calculator Form to be completed by the department you are admitted in.
- Must include current UofA transcript even if there are no grades yet.
- Two confidential letters of reference which should be received in a signed and sealed envelope.
Curriculum vitae, reprints, ranking of applicants, or other documentation are not required and must not be attached to the application. Please do not double-side or use staples on any documents submitted.