The University of Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom is delighted to offer Didier Drogba (2006 and 2009 African footbaler of the year) Scholarship for African students who are planning to commence their undergraduate and postgraduate taught programme from October 2018.
Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. It was chartered as University College of Swansea in 1920, as the fourth college of the University of Wales and in 1948 became the first campus university in UK. In 1996, it changed its name to the University of Wales Swansea following structural changes within the University of Wales. The title of Swansea University was formally adopted on 1 September 2007 when the University of Wales became a non-membership confederal institution and the former members became universities in their own right.
It is the third largest university in Wales in terms of number of students. It currently offers about 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses to 29,160 undergraduate and postgraduate students. In 2014 Swansea was named University of the Year in the WhatUni.com Student Choice Awards and shortlisted in the same category in the Times Higher Education awards.
- Application Deadline: September, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing both undergraduate and postgraduate taught programme .
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Architecture, Electronic and electrical engineering, Civil and environmental engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Design manufacture and engineering management, Mechanical and aerospace engineering, Chemical and process engineering, Naval architecture, ocean, marine engineering and other health related courses
- Scholarship Award: £2,500
- Nationalities: Scholarships are open to only African students.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Africa and Wales
Eligibility for Application:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to only African students.
- Entrance Requirements: This award is open to an international fee-paying student from Africa who has applied to a postgraduate taught degree for October 2018 start date.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
Applicants are asked to complete the Didier Drogba Scholarship Application Form, which will be reviewed by all the various Faculty staffs and all successful applicants will be selected and sent a mail.