Study In US
Deadline: 10th May 2018
The Samsung Foundation Scholars Program seeks to support dynamic, collaborative, rising leaders from around the world in an innovative one-year academic experience. The Samsung Foundation Scholars Program will give rising young leaders around the world who are already making a difference in their communities the opportunity to take their work to the next level through a newly designed curriculum that brings together academic, skills-based, and hands-on learning. The Scholars Program empowers individuals with a proven commitment to service with the tools they need to make their efforts more effective, to identify innovative solutions to complex global problems, and promote change through values-based leadership.
The Samsung foundation are seeking emerging leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Significant work experience (typically 3-5 years or more) and professional accomplishments with a clear trajectory of increasing impact.
- Demonstrated record of community service or working for the public good, either through a full-time professional role or significant engagement outside of primary employment.
- Possess a clear focus on a global challenge or policy issue.
- A clear commitment to return to and reinvest your new skills in your community after the program concludes.
All applicants must complete the online application and include the following, which are required to apply for the Harris MA-IDP and participation in Samsung Foundation Scholars Program:
- Test Scores
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Short Essay Responses
- Tell us about your current work (which may be your paid employment or your significant volunteer activity). In answering, please describe the concrete impact – however you define impact – your current work is having. Why have you chosen this work? What are the challenges you have faced in this work and how have you sought to overcome them? (400 words or fewer)
- What impact do you want to have on the world? How would becoming an Samsung Foundation Scholar help you achieve this? What do you plan to do after the Samsung Foundation Scholars Program? What will you do if you are not selected? (300 words or fewer)
How to apply
Applicants will submit a single application for the Harris MA-IDP and the Samsung Foundation Scholarship. Click here to apply.